For more information about workshops, please visit the websites of regional associations.
RESOURCES AND GUIDELINES FOR F.A.P.S.A. TRAINING LEVELS
A working group has recently put together guidelines and resources for Level One training courses in Australasia. The following links provide all trainers and participants with useful information about what exactly is covered.
2018 UNDERSTANDING ETHICS SEMINARS
At this day-long seminar and workshop we will explore ethical theories and see how these theories apply to issues around human rights and responsibilities, animal rights, environmental issues and global justice. We will help teachers develop strategies and resources to enable their students to gain an ethical understanding as they interrogate issues through authentic cases such as global warming, sustainable living and socioeconomic disparity. Various ways to foster group inquiry, critical and creative thinking, and co-operative teamwork will be explored.
• What is a Philosothon and how do students develop ethical understandings through involvement?
• How can we teach normative ethical theories i.e Natural Law, Virtue Ethics, Kantian Ethics and Utilitarianism in a way that fosters an ethical understanding in students?
• What do these theories say about human rights issues, animal rights, environmental issues and issues around global justice?
• What is a philosophical community of inquiry and how can this assist students in developing ethical understandings?
• What is an Ethics Olympiad and how can it provide opportunities for students to engage with other students around the world about important ethical issues?
• I need interactive and dynamic resources I can use in the classroom and share with my school colleagues. Can you help?
• Gold Coast- Wed 2nd May – A.B Paterson College
• Brisbane- Thurs 3rd May – Churchie
– Townsville- Friday 4th May- St Patrick’s College
• Perth – Tues 8th May – St Stephen’s School
• Adelaide- Thurs. 10th May – Pembroke School
• Darwin – Friday 11th May- Essington International School
• Melbourne- Mon 14th May- Scotch College
• Sydney- Tues 15th May- Mt St Benedict Centre
• Canberra- Thurs 17th May- Radford College
• Hobart- Fri 18th May- Guilford Young College
• Auckland- Mon 21st May – King’s College
• Wellington- Wed 23rd May- Sacred Heart College
• Christchurch-Thurs 24th May- St Andrew’s College
Seminar Timing: Starts- 9.30 am-Finishes – 3.00 pm